ANts P2P encrypts all traffic being sent or received from others and proxies traffic between participants in the network to make it harder to determine the originating IP addresses.
Some of its features include:
- Open Source Java implementation (GNU-GPL license)
- Automatic update of the software.
- Point to point encryption (AES 128 - 512).
- End to end encryption (AES 128 - 512).
- Communications through any kind of HTTP Proxy
- Communications through any kind of NAT or traffic filtering system
- HTTP tunneling
- Multipath routing for packets.
- Completely Object-Oriented routing protocol
- Serverless GWebCache-based peer dicovery procedure
- IRC based peer discovery system
- Full text indexing and searches over full file content (pdf, html, txt, doc..) and full file path location. query reference
- Distributed/Decentralized Search engine
- Preferential connections to give the network a fast backbone.
- Support for partial downloads.
- Autosearch sources for active and interrupted downloads.
- Search by hash, string and structured query
- Non-anonymous internet relay chat.
- Queries are encrypted asymmetrically. This means that only the originator can read the query results. Everyone can read the query string but this asymmetric approach drastically reduces the potential of a node to do transit query analysis.
parts taken from wikipedia